Frequently Asked Questions
GENTLELASE PLUS LASER – Hair Removal
- Why use a laser to remove hair? Traditional hair removal techniques, such as shaving, plucking, and waxing, provide only temporary relief. Until now, the only semi-permanent way to remove hair has been by electrolysis – which can be painful, time consuming and is limited to small cosmetic areas. Scarring, allergic reactions and ingrown hairs are common side effects of all these hair removal methods. The GentleLASE Plus safely removes unwanted body hair without damaging the delicate pores and structures of the skin. Facial and bikini areas are usually completed in less than 30 minutes; larger areas such as legs and backs can take longer.
- How does the laser work? The laser developed for hair removal generates a powerful beam of light. When sufficient energy in the form of this light is directed at unwanted hair, the hair shaft heats up, disabling those follicles that are actively growing hair. The light beam is absorbed by melanin found in hair and in the skin. Long term or permanent inactivation of the follicle results.
- What precaution should I take? Avoid the sun for 4 to 6 weeks before treatment. Avoid plucking or waxing hair 6 weeks prior to treatment and be sure to shave 2 days prior to treatment. The hair should be approximately the tip of a ball point pen.
- How many treatments will I need? Hair grows in cycles. The number of treatments required depends upon your skin, hair coloring and coarseness of the hair. Repeated sessions will be necessary to treat these follicles when they re-enter the growth phase.
- Why do you use Zones when doing hair removal? Zones are used to specify the areas that you would like to be treated. We separate the body into zones so that you are only paying for that specific area.
- What is the cost for laser Hair Removal? The cost of laser hair removal varies depending on how many zones are being treated typically on average the cost of one zone is $75.00. Refer to our specials to lock in your rate and schedule a free consultation to find out how you can get FREE hair removal.
Our zones are laid out in the following way:
- Upper Lip
- Both Cheeks
- Side Burns
- Front of Neck
- Back of Neck
- Navel Area
- Upper Arms
- Lower Arms
- Extended Bikini
- Upper Chest
- Upper Back
- Lower Back
- Male Genitalia
- Upper Legs
- Lower Legs
- Full Face Includes:
- Side Burns
- Front of Neck
- Brazilian Bikini
- Full Back
- Full Chest
- Full Legs
- What type of laser do you use for hair removal? We use the Candela GentleLASE Plus laser which enable us to deliver fast, effective and affordable laser hair removal.
- Can sun-damaged skin be helped with this laser? Yes, by the same way the laser sees the dark hair it also sees the darker pigment without compromising the tissue surrounding the “brown spots”.
- What can I expect after being treated for sun damage? Epidermal lesions respond immediately and positively to GentleLASE treatments. Typically, there is slight popping of the skin and slight white-to-gray discoloration immediately post-laser pulse. This is followed by slight erythema. Scabbing can occur with severe sun damaged skin. Patients are instructed to keep the treatment area moist using Biafine or a polysporin for two to three days following the laser treatment. The lesions will slough off naturally over time, with near complete resolution after the skin has completely healed. After the skin is healed the melanin should replace the area where the brown spot was eliminated. It might require several treatments to totally eliminate the discoloration.
MICRODERMABRASION – Patented Accelerated Beauty System
- How does it work? Particle Skin Resurfacing is achieved using a highly controlled spray of fine crystals, under pressure and vacuum. These crystals literally “erase” the imperfections and sun damage, without damaging the skin’s integrity. The outer most layer of skin that creates a dull, chalky appearance is buffed off to reveal a healthy radiant glow to the skin. The result, a smoother, more youthful appearance.
- What results will I see from Microdermabrasion? This process allows the younger softer skin to move to the surface, promoting discernable changes in texture, color and appearance while stimulating new collagen growth.
- Is the treatment painful? The treatment is very relaxing and comfortable, requiring no anesthesia. Some patients experience a slight tingling sensation as you would feel with a facial, but because of its preciseness, it is virtually painless.
- How does adding ultrasound to a microdermabrasion enhance your skin? Non-invasive, painless & suitable for all skin types, ultrasound waves penetrate the skin’s protective mantle to deep cleanse, hydrate, promote collagen production, & kills bacteria, It increases oxygen & blood circulation to underlying tissues leaving your skin thoroughly cleansed, revitalized & glowing.
- Is Botox Cosmetics a new treatment? No.Botox has been used for more then 11 years over 1 million patients worldwide and it is approved by the health ministries of at least 70 countries. Botox has also been endorsed by the American Academy of Neurology and the National Institutes of Health since 1990.
- How long does Botox last? Each treatment typically lasts 3 to 4 months and begins to have a residual effect after a few treatments so time between injections can be spaced longer.
- How is Botox administered? Botox is injected into the affected muscles. Botox is reconstituted with sterile, preservative-free, normal saline for injection. The neutral pH of the injected solution, in combination with the fine-gauge needle that will be used, can help to minimize any injection-related pain.
- When will I see the results? Normally you will start to see effects of Botox within 3 to 14 day.
- What is a Unit in measuring Botox? A unit is a measured amount of Botox. Several units at a time are injected into different areas of the muscle you want to target. The number of units below are typical but not always the same for every client. Depending on the individual these amounts may vary.
- Between the Brows: 20-24
- Around the Eyes: 24-28
- Forehead: 16-24
SKIN MEDICA ILLUMINIZE PEEL
- What results do you get from this peel? This peel is perfect for all skin types
- Non- Invasive
- Well tolerated, with no downtime
- Increases skin glow and radiance
- Tightens the skin and restores a more youthful appearance
- Improves skin color, clarity and texture
- little or no visable peeling
- What is this peel indicated for? Mild skin conditions such as sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, and pigmentary irregularities, first time chemical-peel patients or patients looking for a gentle superficial peel.The ILLUMINIZE PEEL is SkinMedica’s gentlest peel. It will provide the brightening,tightening and glow that you desire if you have an upcoming event or just want to reveal the look of more youthful skin.
SKIN MEDICA VITALIZE PEEL
- What results do you get from this peel? This is the perfect peel for all skin types with the following results:
- Very superficial peel requires little to no downtime
- The only superficial peel suitable for all skin types
- Special formulation includes a unique blend of peeling agents: alpha-hydroxy acids, beta-hydroxy acids, resorcinol, and retinoic acid (obtained by physician)
- Results are predictable and noticeable after just one peel
- Dramatic results are seen after a series of peels
- Are there products in this skin care line to enhance the Vitalize Peel? Yes, there are many products in the SkinMedica line that address all your skin needs. For normal, dry, oily, combination, aging and sensitive skin recommended uses:
- Anti aging skin care
- Sun damaged skin treatment
- Antioxidant skin care
This three-part system provides your skin with serious skin cell therapy and is the optimal way to address aging and sun damaged skin.
The ultimate way to improve the visible signs of skin aging – hyperpigmentation, melasma, photodamage, fine lines, wrinkles and sallowness. The TNS Hyperpigmentation System® will help you to re-capture the even-toned, smooth, firm and glowing look of young healthy skin in a simple, easy to use, low-irritating regimen.
SkinMedica’s Sun Protection line provides full-spectrum protection and hydration to aid in fending off sun damage and the signs of aging.
SkinMedica’s elegant eye products are formulated to work effectively on the delicate tissue around the eyes to enhance skin appearance and reduce the various signs of aging.
This is just a sampling of the many products SkinMedica has to offer. When you visit Allure Laser & Day Spa there will be a SkinMedica expert to guide you thorough the products that will most enhance your needs.
SKIN MEDICA REJUVINIZE PEEL
The REJUVINIZE PEEL is the deepest of the SkinMedica peels, penetrating into the skin to produce significant results with minimal irritation. Indicated for moderate to severe skin conditions including sun damage,lines and wrinkles,acne,acne scarring and melasma. Darker skin types require physician consent or established tolerability to the Vitalize peel.
- Well tolerated, with minimal downtime
- Noticeable improvement after just one peel, significant results after three to six peels
- Helps to improve acne and acne scarring
- Significant improvement in melasma and hyperpigmentation
- Smoothes fine lines, wrinkles, and rough textures